Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm stepping back from the work for a while. That's not uncommon. I need a little space between me and whatever life force I'm channeling to help write the piece. I can always change my mind about certain things I've decided. In the original work, the destination for the characters' journey was the geographic middle of the world or of their country, I can't remember which. It may have not been specified. Anyway, for my purposes, I chose the geographic center of the 50 United States, which is somewhere in South Dakota. Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and Custer. I'm sure it's a beautiful place. But this entirely changes the environment that I originally had in mind for the journey's destination. Is Parker's father a fake shaman? Hey, that's pretty good. Or is he a manager at the local Kwik-E Mart? I'm liking the fake shaman idea.

No comments: