Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Speaking of college...

It occurs to me now that, back then, I had a good shot of becoming a TV writer/TV writer's intern for the Lifetime Channel. My stories were always centered on characters who were perfect and beautiful, hooked up with someone perfectly beautiful, and dying of some exotic cause. But I instead held out for high art and here I am: a worker drone by day and a drunk [ed: Mom, not really. Everybody else, yes, really] blogger at night and on the weekend trying to pull a three year old narrative out of my tired butt. How the mighty have fallen.

This is much better than a time capsule. I can see children fifty years from now reading the cached version of this blog on Google and being, practically, first-hand witnesses to my swift descent into madness and insanity.

Are madness and insanity the same thing? Am I being redundant? I'd better go look that up...

No comments: