Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Self-Googling again, I Google the name Stillwater Crowe who is my slightly lost, finding-his-way, if-only-his-writer-would-get-her-shit-together protagonist. Many hits for Cameron Crowe. That makes sense. And lots of hits referring to Cameron Crowe's movie Almost Famous and the fictitious band Stillwater, an amalgam of the various bands Crowe covered while writing for Rolling Stone. Maybe Cam saw me coming and named his band in tribute to my slightly lost, finding-his-way, if-only-his-writer-would-get-her-shit-together protagonist. It's a great name. I'd steal it myself if I hadn't already made it up.

4 comments:

Susannah Conway said...

self-googling - i love this idea! thank you for your kind comments today - i look forward to having a lookie through your archives :-)
Sx

fringes said...

susannah, thanks for visiting. Self-googling is one more addiction I don't need, but there it is. Enjoy your stay in my space.

Flood said...

I heard you can go blind, if you self-google. Or get hairy palms or something.

fringes said...

In all my years of self-googling, neither of those has happened. However, nothing compares to being googled by those we love.