Thursday, May 25, 2006

Confession. Not a confession. Just something I forgot to mention before now. The hold up is not that I cannot gets these cats out of the tub. It is, in fact, that it's time to focus on Parker, it's past time to focus on Parker, and I gots nothing. I don't know if that's because I'm so in tune with Stillwater or if it's because I'm detached from Parker. I know nothing about her. How she works on the inside. I don't know what she's thinking. It's time for her voice to emerge and I cannot find the voice. I think what I'll do is insert her into another, unrelated story. Write her, write with her, in a totally separate context. Forget about Stillwater for now. If all goes well, I can slip her back into that bathtub a fleshed-out, multi-layered and -dimensional character. Maybe without all those hyphens, though.

No comments: