Tuesday, May 23, 2006

On my daily writer's blog stroll, I found a fun challenge on Mr. Schprock's blog. Mind you, I don't know Mr. Schprock personally. He seems like good people, though, and he's a very smart, very funny regular-life writing kind of guy. So the challenge is this: he assigned me a letter as a prompt for thinking of ten things that I associate with that letter. Somehow, as I'm writing about it, I can admit that Mr. Schprock did a much better job of describing the challenge and encouraging people to play along. But, anyway, my letter is F and here goes. No editing, just writing off the top of my head.

1. Fringes--my anon user name for the blog chosen because I always feel as though I'm living on the fringes of someone else's life. Plus, didn't you like that soft, fringy feel of the fringes on the sleeves of your fancy dry-clean-only Easter dress when you were in second grade?

2. Forever--which nothing ever is. But we use that word a lot. Friends forever. Love forever. I'll be here for you forever. Fucking liars. It. Never. Happens. That. Way. Unless forever actually means until something better comes along.

3. Fuck--sorry, Mr. Schprock. Your blog seems so family-oriented. Mine is kind of not family-oriented. If anyone is offended by the f-word being used in a list designed expressly for f-words, my apologies. But it can't be left off even in polite society.

4. Furry--I have a friend who uses this word for "friends" he likes to "date". The furrier the better and he'll shout that from the mountain tops. I don't like my men furry. My, this is certainly Learn Everything About Fringes Day. LEAF Day, our new national holiday.

5. Finances--always worried about them. Always find a way to make them work.

6. Friends--love them. The three that I have.

7. Fabulous--one of my favorite descriptions.

8. Fantastic--used when I am being sarcastic. Overdrawn those finances again? Fantastic.

9. Fantabulous--combo of my second and third most often used f-words.

10. Finished--with the list. I had Fun. Thanks, Mr. Schprock, for letting me play.

2 comments:

Flood said...

I think you are supposed to give other people letters now.

fringes said...

Flood: After much committee deliberation, please accept the letter G.